Okay, I know, I haven't got any actual content just yet.
What's my excuse? Life. It has a tendency to get in the way, doing anything and everything it can to stop me from writing. I'll never be a novelist at this rate.
Well, enough of that crap. I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna share some of the things I'm putting on the agenda. That's not to say this is a fixed schedule of any kind, though, so if I don't end up doing Mayonnaise Taco Mondays, don't be disappointed.
- Retro movie reviews. I've already got a long list of titles that I want to write about, but I'm going to keep you, dear readers, in the dark for now. Suffice to say, we'll be spending a lot of time in the 80s on this one and I'll be making a lot of trips to the video store.
- Retro remakes. That is to say, I'd be comparing all these recent remakes with their older counterparts to see how they match up. I might concoct some unnecessarily complicated system for doing this, but I wouldn't count on it.
- Theme days/weeks/whatever. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do this, but I think I'm up to the challenge. Anybody remember Block Party Summer on Nick at Nite? Think something along those lines, only with no annoying commercials! Unless it's Old Commercial Week. Then you're SOL.
- Reader requests. This one is probably going to be a long time coming because I...kinda need some readers first. But here's how it'll work: you comment on an entry or e-mail me, asking me to write about something retro, and I'll do my best to write something halfway entertaining about it. It can be movies, toys, games, clothes, whatever. Maybe if I like you enough, I'll fill non-retro requests (i.e. things after 1998 or thereabouts).
- Rants. I have a lot of retro-related things to rant about, and by gum, I'm gonna. At some point.
Anyway, most of this stuff isn't carved into stone. It's more like...hastily scrawled into the sand with a stick. I have a lot of other stuff in the works, but I don't want to spoil it all.
Questions/suggestions? Call 1-800-LEAVE-A-COMMENT.
18 July 2007
Hello and welcome! I'm Annette, and I'll be your hostess. Here at Retro Party, I'll be offering up my odd ramblings about old-school pop culture, plus more. We're gonna kick it like it's 1985. Or 1977. Or 1992. So pull off your shoes and come on in, if you feel so inclined. The party's just getting started. ;]